Monday, February 4, 2008

Mess with the Bull...

...You Get the Horns!


I don’t get out much. Although I work from home, I am a bad mommy and send two of my best buddies to “school” so I can get some work done. This is a busy time of year at our house. My birthday is the last week of January, with my wedding anniversary the following day. My husband’s birthday is one week after mine and usually somewhere in the mists of all that is the Super Bowl. As you can imagine, for a couple that doesn’t get out much, we have splurged the last couple of weeks. After the birth of my second child last year I noticed I needed an extra kick to get up and at ‘em; preferably not from my husband trying to get me out of bed though. In my time of need I turned to Starbuck’s. Once I realized the calories I was drinking I decided to try other caffeinated drinks like The Bull. Ah, it even comes in sugar free with zero calories! That’s right, you can choose leaded or unleaded depending on your engine! What I find ironic about the whole caffeine thing is that the more I have, the more I need. Last night’s festivities had me mixing the Bull with a guy named Stohli (or a distant cousin to him); not a good idea. I was like a hummingbird on crack; and I am already wound pretty tightly. I would share pictures from the parties but alas, I have none; too busy buzzing around. Today I find myself needing more Bull as I struggle to keep my eyes open. Not from lack of sleep mind you, heck, I was in bed early enough to think the Pats won!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How did you even fall asleep with all that in you? We are dragging here today.....I'm hoping we all can get to bed early. My sister is in town, so even though the game was over early enough, we were up late talking.

MadMad said...

I never find that caffeine wakes me up - it only prevents me from sleeping, unfortunately! I haven't tried the Bull yet (though this is the second time I've heard it doesn't play well with others - even it's cousin, hahaha!) Thanks for coming by my blog! Yours is awesome!