Friday, February 15, 2008

Drama Queen


You know how some people seem to always have something going wrong in their lives? How they seem to only function when they have some sort of drama. Well I am not one of those people. I thrive on routine and when my routine is thrown out of whack I become a little cranky. Needless to say this is how my week has gone:

Friday, Saturday, Sunday: My car has a fuel leak so we are down to one car. Throw my children and myself into upheaval when we decide to move to our new house a week early.

Monday: Wake up to our yearly ice storm without power in said new home (of course the old house that is empty has power and internet access).

Tuesday: Spend the day at Nana's house after spending the night. Have a "work" from home day (i.e. got nothing done)

Wednesday: Work from my husband's office and get a little work done! Still no power but stay at the new house with generator power. Alternate between heat and lights. Wake up to Beau gasping for air; debate on taking him to the ER but change my mind after a steamy shower and a breathing treatment open his lungs.

Thursday: Take Beau to the Doctor for some steroids. Better baby. Have sweetheart lunch with my little man at his school. Spaghetti, bread, salad, pineapple and lots of treats. Get a satisfactory B+ on the midterm I took Sunday, which, under the circumstances is excellent. 7pm come home to POWER! I see a light at the end of the tunnel, things are starting to go my way after a great day!

Friday: Learn that I sent out change of address notes without a return address label of name...who moved? Take G to school and get a call around 10am that he busted his chin and will probably need stitches. A little glue will do the trick until we see the plastic surgeon per Dr.'s instructions (he hamburgered it pretty good falling on a toy). Well, my little neurotic boy, at least it is symmetrical with the scar from last year on your forehead.














Saturday: Hibernate with a bottle.

2 comments:

A Buns Life said...

A bottle of wine right? Glad you all have power finally! Sorry your week has been from hell!!!!

FUN-ky Mama said...

Ouchie! My one and only boy had his share of face/head boo-boos. Gotta love boys! It's always something.
I am like you, in that I prefer my life drama-free. Some of my friends have those action-packed lives and I don't know how they do it......I much prefer my quiet, mostly un-eventful life.