Thursday, January 17, 2008

Books on CD

I used to be an avid reader. I would devourer words like they were a meal prepared by the finest chef. To take a weekend and read a book front to back was a challenge I enthusiastically accepted. It seems now the only thing I devour is red bull (as my latest replacement to Starbucks as it has fewer calories) just to squeeze in a few more hours in the day. In pursuit of the elusive "balance" I keep hearing about, I have taken to turning in my latest book purchases for books on CD. I am able to multi task and feel like I am doing something for myself. It is not nearly as fun but it is one of the many compromises we have to make as mothers, women, and grown-ups. I guess it isn't always about me after all:) Ironically my latest book on CD is The Purpose Driven Life. Although I am a little behind the craze caused by the book, I am still interested in what it has to offer. Although I am still not sure what my purpose is, I hope to be an over achiever and find out by day 20.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, two posts on your very first day! I'll give you a props on my post tomorrow. Hopefully that will send some love your way. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.