Monday, December 29, 2008

All or Nothing

Although some of my friends affectionately call it obsessive, That is just the kind of gal I am.  Whatever you call it, it does tend to cause some problems.  About a year ago I started my blog to document our family happenings for family and friends to keep up with us in real time.  It also gave me an excuse to not have to actually talk to people.  Want to know what is going on,  just log on!  The hubs lost me to one social network after another.  He then lost me to dropping my entrecard on visiting other sites through entrecard.

I do not like to do things half assed, so when I started working outside of the home again after ten years of working for myself, hubs lost his wife again.  My explanation for this is that I have very high expectations of myself, or I am competitive, I am not sure.  Either way, this disposition of mine causes me to focus on one thing at a time, while other good stuff may get pushed aside.  Case in point, this site.

My latest addiction was those damn vampire books.  You know the ones I am talking about.  I refuse to actually use the author's name or any character names because I am afraid I will come up on searches by love struck teenie boppers.  Don't get me wrong, I am a little smitten with the guy too; and hubs is not all that disappointed with the role playing!  I digress.

I am done with the books.  I am back.

3 comments:

The Rev. said...

Well, well, well - never pegged you for the teenie bop vampire craze, but life does have its surprises from time to time.

I drove my little sis (13) and her pals to go see the film, assuming we're referring to the same subject matter here (also refusing to name names), and she recounted the entire plot line to me. What suspense! ;)

Welcome back! (Hat tip)

kristen said...

I am the same way, I wish I could learn to be a bit lazy or less obsessed. I received a Twilight book for Xmas I am probably doomed.

The Rev. said...

The name that shan't be spoken has been spoken! (Gasp!)