Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Country Kids Will Survive

I admit I had some apprehensions about moving back to Missouri. I had become accustomed to my anonymity from living away from our family. Don't get me wrong, I am not a hermit, I just like my privacy. I am not a fan of everyone knowing my business. Seems an odd admission from a gal with a blog, I know. Now that we have been back a couple of years I have to say there may be something to this whole thing. I once dreaded the idea of an unannounced drop by and now welcome them. I feel so fortunate to have good friends and family close that I know have my back no matter what. I love that my boys get to grow up close in proximity and emotion to their cousins. I love that the landscape of the area offers my boys the opportunity to learn and grow with nature. We spent some time on Uncle Matt's land this weekend. Shooting guns, hiking, and Little Man even got to poop in the woods! It was a learning experience for all! My new shot gun worked well but could use a choke if I am to prove myself to be the Annie Oakley I know I am.

10 comments:

Miss Got Wings said...

it's a whole different world, isn't it? and a much better one, i must admit.

Laura said...

You have to take the good with the bad, in living close to family. I would rather been here than amywhere else! Pooping in the woods, now that is no longer little man, that's big stuff!

Weaselmomma said...

If you poop in the woods, but nobody smells it........

Momo Fali said...

There is nothing better than being close to family. Trust me, if it wasn't for that I would've moved away from Ohio winters long ago!

Jennifer said...

I couldn't imagine being far away from my family. We live just an hour away from my family... not too close for too many unexpected visits, but close enough that we can visit in a day.

Jenni Jiggety said...

I love living so close to my family!

Kimmylyn said...

I would be lost without my family..even though they drive me insane..they are the only ones that keep me sane.. :)

Colleen said...

Is your boy telling everyone he got to poop in the woods? When my son "gets" to do something like that he begins to tell everyone about it!

Glad to hear you're happy "at home"!

Mrs4444 said...

Loved this post. Awesome (even the pooping in the woods part.) :)

Veggie Mom said...

And it's so nice being back with the kinfolks, isn't it?