Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Don't Misunderstand Me

Due to my ever constant pursuit of self improvement and realization, I recently took a little personality test. I remember taking a much longer version of the Myers-Briggs while I was pursuing my undergrad. My first results were a little different than those below but I recall they were just as accurate then as now.

According to the results, as an ESTJ I am "The Guardian". This title makes me think of that Top Gun like movie based on the Coast Guard starring Costner and Demi's man. I was of course a fan because I think the USCG is underrated and a poorly represented branch of the armed forces. My dad also retired from the USCG so I am somewhat biased.

The results go on to say...

You're a natural leader and quick, logical decision maker. (Can you say, Bossy?)

Goals are important in your life, and you take many steps to achieve them. (Why do I have to take so many? If I make such quick decisions, what is the holdup?)

You enjoy interacting with others, mostly through work related activities. (What, I have no social life?)

Your high energy level means you are great at getting things done! (This must be why hubs calls me a hummingbird on crack)

In love, you tend to bring stability to relationships. (Couldn't tell you but I think the fact that hubs stole my extra key when we were dating so he could have heat and a phone may be a good indicator)

You feel comfortable being in charge, and you enjoy being a provider. (Not so much)

At work, you take charge. (Again, back to the bossy thing)

You thrive in structured environments and don't mind enforcing the rules. (Oh no, nobody likes a narc)

You would make a great teacher (not enough patience), judge (give me the gavel!), or police detective (oh yea, give me a badge and gun and I am good).

How you see yourself: Realistic, stable, and pragmatic (So true)

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Rigid, bound to rules, and a bad listener (So true, and I am a bad listener. What can you expect from a woman that talks to a three year old and 20 month old all day!)

So tell me how your results turn out. Are they accurate?

5 comments:

BusyDad said...

Hummingbird on crack? hahaha!

Whoa, that was so accurate it's scary!!

I am: The Inspirer

summary: love people, unconventional, rule breaker, storyteller, entrepreneur, charmer (but of course), and other people see me as unfocused (which is why it takes me forever to get thru my reader?)

That was fun!

Veggie Mom said...

You sound like my kind of person! I'll have to take this test and get back to you. But a hummingbird on crack might be a little wound up? You might have to relax a tad, oui? BTW, please stop by to see me sometime--Uncle Lynn is up to some more Giveaway Mischief!

Half-Past Kissin' Time said...

I took this test years ago and was a Guardian :) When I took it tonight, it said I was something else (just woke up from a nap; I forgot ALREADY!), and I didn't think it was completely accurate; the results were partly true, though. Busydad's results do not surprise me at all :) Love the hummingbird on crack reference!

The Rev. said...

I'm the Visionary!

And this is all absolutely, 100% true:
"You are charming, outgoing, friendly. You make a good first impression.
You possess good negotiating skills and can convince anyone of anything.
Happy to be the center of attention, you love to tell stories and show off.
You're very clever, but not disciplined enough to do well in structured environments."

Ramblin' Red said...

I go back and forth between being an ESFJ and an ENFP - mainly because I am almost equally split btwn Sensing/iNtuitive and Judging/Perceiving. On this one, I was ENFP - the Inspirer. I love these things...my psych degree coming back!

I'm honored that you have me on your blogroll - I've lurked here steadily and you're so popular! I'll be linking you too!